School History

School History

1958 Raimondi College opened. It was dedicated to the memory of Bishop Raimondi, the first Catholic Bishop of Hong Kong. Raimondi College was the first Catholic Diocesan secondary school established in Hong Kong. Father J. Carra was appointed as Supervisor and Principal.
1961 The late Mr. Edward Chan was appointed as Principal;the Old Boys' Association was founded
1964 Mr. Y. S. Mui was appointed as Principal.
1966 The Parent-Teacher Association was founded.
1967 Three Secondary 6 classes were opened with the completion of the Form 6 Building
1968 Mr. A. C. Morales was appointed as Principal.
1969 The Student Union was founded.
1971 The New Extension Building was completed.
1978 The Secondary Section of the College became a fully aided school.
1991 Father J. Carra, the Supervisor passed away.
1992 Father J. B. Tsang was appointed as Supervisor.
1995 Mr. G. W. Au was appointed as Principal.
1996 Renovation of the Secondary School Hall completed.
1998 The Education Department granted approval for the Secondary Section to use English as the medium of instruction.
2000 Secondary 6 7 became co-educational
2002 The Raimondi Old Boys' Association was renamed as Raimondi Alumni Association
2004 External School Review completed Completion of a series of school build internal conversion works under the government-funded School Improvement Programme(SIP)
2006 Retirement of Ms. Linda Fung Shiu Kam, Primary School Principal
2008 The College's golden jubilee celebration Relocation of the Primary Section to a new school site in Wan Chai Extension of the Secondary Section premises admission of girls in Primary 1 and Secondary 1
2012 Retirement of Father J. B. Tsang , Mr. Peter S. T. Lee BBS JP was appointed as Supervisor.
2013 Retirement of G. W. Au , Ms. Louisa W. K. Lo was appointed as Principal.
2014 Restructuring of PTA. Launching of Small-class Teaching Scheme.
2015 Establishment of Incorporated Management Committee
Top